Date of Last Revision: May 22, 2017 We give you the power to Share, Rate, and Comment on the news. This policy describes what information we collect, how it is used and shared. It applies to all Our.News brands, products and services and is referred to as the “Our.News Services” or the “Services”.
What kinds of information do we collect?Depending on which Services you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you.
- Things you do and information you provide. We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created. We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Device information. We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, via GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information from third-party partners. We receive information about you and your activities on and off Our.News from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
How do we use this information?We are passionate about validating the truth in news. We use all of the information we have to help us provide, support, and enhance our Services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide, improve and develop Services. We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Services. We conduct surveys and research, test features, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, conduct audits troubleshoot.
- Communicate with you. We use your information to send you promotions, communicate with you about our Services, policies and terms. We also use your information to respond when you contact us.
- Show and measure ads and services. We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services.
- Promote safety and security. We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account with engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption and AI.
How is this information shared?Any information you share on Our.News with a public audience, such as submissions of news articles, comments, or forum posts, is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV. Any information you share on Our.News with a private audience, such as personal messages between members, and other features where the Our.News site technology provides you a specific option to mark such content as “Private”, will not be shared or disclosed by Our.News. However, Our.News cannot and does not monitor nor control the activities of the recipients of this information and the recipients may share content about with with the audience they chose. We may share any information we have about you within the Our.News family of companies. If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner. We work with third party companies who help us provide and improve our Services or who use advertising or related products, which makes it possible to operate our companies and provide free services to people around the world. Here are the types of third parties we can share information with about you:
- Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Non-Personally Identifiable Information Only). We use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 25 year old female, in Madrid, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by our advertiser guidelines.
- Vendors, service providers and other partners. We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.